Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Technology integrated into my education

Considering my entire academic career, I honestly haven't had the experience of technology being essential in my education. I have been in this school just my high school years and we didn't have computer class before this year. On my previous schools, we didn't use computers for projects so much. I only use them for writing papers and doing powerpoint presentations. Nevertheless, I feel I am quite acquainted to them because I use them every day.

Some specific experiences I remember from previous years are the "Type to Learn" activities in which we were tested on how fast we write in the computer. I remember I really did enjoy those activities but they were just on primary and middle school. Throughout most of my academic years, computers have been essential in writing essays, stories, and all sorts of assignments from school. Powerpoint presentations have been also fundamental in my development as a student and also the usage of the web. I don't remember having big specific projects with particular computer programs. There was just one time in which I had to burn CD's with a special program but I can't recall how to do it again.

There are many times in which I feel my teachers should have integrated technology in their lessons more. For example when they leave us projects and presentations in Powerpoint, I wish I knew more about other sophisticated programs and make something more original. Also there are some boring teachers who only speak and speak and speak. I wish they would integrate techonolgy more, and show us maybe videos, presentations or something similar. I feel many teachers don't integrate technology into their lessons because they don't know much about technology in general and how to control and use it.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing Erika.

    quotes like this one:

    "There was just one time in which I had to burn CD's with a special program but I can't recall how to do it again."

    are really powerful to the point i am trying to make to the board here.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete

My Love <3

My Love <3