Thursday, December 10, 2009

New Security Measure

Facebook has implemented some new security measures and I think they are very important and valuable and people should pay more attention to it. They are new measures that help you control your information in a better way for you to feel secure. It is a form of letting you decide which information to share and with who. I think they were created due to many problems around the world. Facebook has become too popular and conflicts have arised. I've heard that some kidnappers had gotten information from this social networking place and it has been used as a means of stealing people's data, ideas, etc. I personally am not sure if they will be succesful because firstly not all people will take their time in reading about it, and deciding which informatio nthey want to share with shich particular people. Nevertheless, I think I like them because it gives more control to people about their sharing information and offers a more "innovative" FB. I really don't think it will change the way I use Facebook; I will see and use it the same way I've always have.

There have been some postings on social networking sites such as Myspace and Facebook that have the ASPV community concerned. If I think about people posting videos and quotations of people without their knowing it, I feel it's wrong and needs permission first. I also think that it depends a lot on the video and the quotations. If they are insulting and humiliating in any way, of course it's wrong; but if the person would not mind because it is not bad, then I don't think people should react so angrily. However, yes, people should first give consent to someone if something about them is going to be posted, but I don't think that rule would be followed with social networking networks being so bewildered and busy. The community's reaction to the posting of student videos or work by staff members will be a complete revolt. People will be very angry and start demanding their rights and just express the unfairness felt with any way they find possible. They will definitely try to solve matters in one way or another. I don't think the school should let that happen, and forbid the staff post anything about their students' without their consentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Love <3

My Love <3